Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Ghostbusters

It's almost Halloween and I'm being haunted. 

Have you ever seen "Ghosts of Girlfriends Past?"  Probably not.  Despite having Jennifer Garner and Matthew McConaugh-Hey it was not great.....which is weird for me to say because I love cliche chick flicks.  I do heart me some Emma Stone and she was great in this, but still, not a great movie.  Do I own it anyway?  Yes yes I do!  Wait, I'm getting off topic.  Sorry, adult ADD stepping in.  Or maybe it's just that its Friday and I feel like I need an adult beverage.....shit, no, story telling first.  Right.  Halloween, ghost, scary.  Ok, I'm on it now.

So, right, I'm being haunted.  Kind of like in the above mentioned flick my ghosts are of my dating past.  Men have almost a 6th sense as to when a women might be getting over them and then they swoop back in.  It's weird and not fair.  Here I am living my charmed little life in suburban Ohio, pretending I am richer than I am, drinking more than I should, and all around just being awesome when the worst ghost imaginable sends me a message and I freeze.  After everything how does MAB still affect me? 

I'm pretending this is the last time; that I'm done reacting.  You have read how our story started (who doesn't love a girl who pukes), you know a little of the history (yummy ice cream), and while there will be more stories of our time together, I am telling you the end right now.  I stopped it.  I put an end to it.  Months after him saying "I'm sorry, I just don't love you" to me on one of the worst days of my life he decided to e-mail me and ask me to call.  He kept me on the phone for 4 hours saying he had been thinking about me.  He told me to visit.  Then when circumstances prevented that, he told me it was probably for the best, that we didn't need to open that can of worms again.  Ummmmmmm, YUP, no worms here! (Ewww, I just got an image of anal worms....I don't know why, but gross).  So I'm calling this the end.  Do I mean it?  Who knows?  We all know I'm too nice to not answer when someone calls me, but I'm going to try. 

Here is what I'm thinking: remember that episode of Friends where they have a seance boyfriend burning kind of thing?  Well...I actually hate matches so I'm not doing that haha.  But mentally, I'm burning shit in my head.  My hair might be redder tomorrow from the flames.  Right now I'm rocking out to Adele.  Not the sappy "I'll get over you and find someone just like you" Adele tracks but the "There's a fire starting in my heart/Reaching a fever pitch and it's bringing me out of the dark" angry and balsy Adele who wants to kick some Army butt! 

Game on bitches!  Who ya gonna call.....GHOSTBUSTERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment