Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Ice Cream, Blood, and Camo

Seeing as how yesterday was Memorial Day I thought it was only appropriate to tell a story about MAB (we met here).

From reading above you know that things started so well.  After the wonderful first date that ended with 2 days in the hospital I saw MAB again the day I was released.  What I failed to mention in the story of how we met was that on our first date I found out that he was leaving.  By leaving I of course mean he was being deployed.  He had gotten his assigment that week, and at the end of the year (only 8 months away) he would be heading to Iraq for a year.  To this day I honestly feel that had a lot to do with why things went so well with MAB.....I was myself, there was no pressure, we knew he was leaving so we enjoyed what we had without putting labels or stress on it.  It was glorious. 

Anyway, the weekend after we first met MAB had drill to prepare for deployment.  It was closer to my house than his and since it was all weekend long I invited him to stay with me.....I know, we knew each other a week, you're thinking I'm a tramp.  But like I said he was HOTT and I really liked him.  Deal with it.  So, after his first night of drill he showed up at my apartment and called me from the door buzzer.  He told me to meet him downstairs because he was starving and needed food.  I might have skipped down because I was so excited. 

There standing on the stoop was the most gorgeous man I had ever seen.....and in uniform.  There he stood at 6'2" in full camo.  I melted (well, and it was super hot out that night so I literally could have melted, I don't do well in the heat....my hair gets all weird).  Anyway, I mustered up the energy to jump on him in the parking lot and give him a big kiss before we went to Subway.  Standing in line I was sure everyone was staring, I mean HELLO CAN'T YOU SEE THE HOTTIE IN UNIFORM WITH ME?!?!?!?  We stood there together and he got dinner. 

I on the other hand, wanted ice cream.  Here is where the trouble started.  We went next door so that I could get a scoop to go.  The place was closing but they let us in....I still think they only did it for the hottie in uniform =)  Anyway, I ordered my ice cream, we walked out to the parking lot, they locked up behind us, I took my first lick and.....wow, I have a powerful tongue.....I knocked all my ice cream off the cone. 

NNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

MAB just stood and laughed at me, I cried.  I sulked to the car and tripped on my flip flop and fell on my face.  On the pavement.  There I sat, hottie in uniform looking down at the little mess of a woman with a bloody knee and ice cream on her shirt. 

Super hott.

This is where every woman makes a choice:  A) Act all embarrassed and get super timid and not talk the rest of the night or B) Laugh at yourself, lay down on the pavement, and just continue giggling because really, life is too short to not be able to laugh when this shit happens.  I chose B, because this shit happens to me all the fucking time.  I'm funny, clumsy, sometimes awkward, but always know how to laugh it off. 

So, I may not have gotten any ice cream that night, but I did get MAB in the shower washing off the pavement stuck in my knee.  Trust me, that's way better. 

The moral here is this:  stupid and embarrassing things are going to happen to us all on dates (and in life for that matter).  We need to learn to laugh them off.  Something good is always waiting (like a hottie in the shower!!!  jk, that might not always be there, but something good will be).



---Thank you to all the service men and women who have served our country.  It is because of you that we can call ourselves free. 

No comments:

Post a Comment